Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 9

These are my questions that he's answering:
1) How was your birthday?
2) Did you get your birthday packages - 1) box with 21 gifts 2) Dunford donuts 3) a headset that should've come directly from Rosetta Stone?
3) Have you been able to begin your studies with the Navajo Rosetta Stone?
4) Were the Dunford Donuts edible?
5) How did Arlanya's job hunting in Page go?
6) Were Edna and her children able to come to church again?
7) Have you been able to have more lessons with Candice?

Dallas, Kaleb and Tanner are all close friends of his that have recently returned from their missions or will soon come home.

---------------------------------


Mom,

All is well with the dentist. I wasn't in any pain at all or anything and we just left Steamboat bright and early at 6:30 this morning! Dr. Shaheen was a very nice guy, I think someone said he's from St. George originally and he served his mission in Brazil. Elder Aguilera had fun speaking Portuguese with him at the office, haha.
1) My birthday was great! You nailed it on the birthday package! Haha, ties, missionary music, and Indian food is really all I could ever want. Thank you all so much for everything! Grandma also sent me a great birthday package with the new book by Elder Bednar, who is one of my favorite apostles and some other great goodies. 
2) Both of them arrived safely and the donuts got here in a more fresh condition that the Christmas ones did so they were fantastic!
3) Sure have! I am coming up to the close of the first unit. There are two levels, each level has four units, and each unit has four lessons with a variety of activities to teach you the pronunciation, vocabulary, and ability to listen and whatnot. I have learned a lot already!
4) They sure were!
5) I'm not sure, we haven't heard from her at all yet. We'll probably shoot her a text message and ask her. She said she should know the results within two or three weeks of her leaving and if she doesn't find one, she'll come back to Toyei. I have faith that whatever happens is the best for her and her growth in the gospel.
6) They sure were! They are so much fun. We gave them one of the Book of Mormon Stories books and Edna says that they read it with the young ones every night! 
7) We read 3 Nephi 11 last Monday with her and it went fantastic. We are hoping to see them tonight again as well, we just have to give them a call and make sure.
Good to hear about Dallas, Kaleb, and Tanner! I can't believe they are all coming home. I hope none of them have done anything crazy like get married before I get home, haha. I can't imagine Kaleb being more thin than he already was! I hope he broke 100 pounds.
I love you all and I hope your week goes great! I can't believe I'm 21 years old now. I don't think I could have ever predicted that I'd be spending my 21st birthday in the heart of Navajoland in good old Steamboat, Arizona. We might even have a prairie dog roast with President Yazzie soon in honor of my birthday.
With Much Love,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment