Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 6

Overall there is one set of missionaries per unit (ward/branch) but we have two sets here in Shiprock since there are so many missionaries in our mission.
Yes, I am in a Chevy 4x4! They are good trucks. There are a few Nissan Frontiers and Tacomas. The Navajo tacos are pretty much the same as the ones as Navajo Hogan! The fry bread is really good down here. Kirtland has five wards and we are in the Kirtland Stake, there are lots of members over there. I couldn't tell you percentages or anything though. We just wear our suit to church or meetings. Between the two conferences we don't have to wear our suit and if it's over 70 degrees we don't have to.
Last week I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders so I spent the day in Kirtland with one of the zone leaders who is from Farmington, UT. It was a lot of fun and had some funny stories in connection to it. We wrestled a ram at a farm and it got pretty intense, we vacuumed up a bunch of wasps (about 30 of them!) outside of their house. We also found a horned toad, those are good luck and protection in the Navajo culture.
I've got to get off but I love you guys and I hope you're all having a wonderful time!
Love and regards,
Elder Schaelling






No comments:

Post a Comment