Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 23

Mom,
I am doing well! This week was a little tiring, we were only able to get in with one of our investigators after chasing lessons all week but we had a lot of lessons with less active members. If I ever slack off on my home teaching after I get home, I will probably have a big kick-in-the-butt from God once I think back to my mission and how big of a difference home teaching can make in strengthening the ward. We met with Charlie Jones a couple of times and we'll see him again tonight! He's such an awesome guy and has lots of great stories. We also have a lesson with an investigator named Daniela, she is pretty involved with a smaller Christian church in Shiprock but she is curious because she has seen LDS churches all over the place. We also have an investigator named Gwenevere. She's really great but she's pretty traditional and I think that is keeping her from wanting to get too involved with the church or Christianity in general.

I can't wait to get the postcard! That's disappointing you had to skip out on Maine, better luck next time I suppose! I imagine it has to be beautiful up there. 

Last Saturday we bucked hay and wrestled some sheep and a ram, it was lots of fun! The family we did that with said in April every year they invite the missionaries over to shear the sheep, unfortunately I doubt I'll still be around Shiprock then. Also, a lot of the native people down here have trouble saying/reading my name so they saw whatever they want (which is totally fine with me, I think it's funny). The other day Charlie's brother called me Elder McLaufin, I have no idea where that came from! The Shiprock Fair is coming up and I'm excited to see it! It's going to be insane here that weekend.
Love and regards,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment