Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 14

Mom,
 
Sounds like Aimee did a great job! I hope Elder Romney does great in the mission field, regardless of where he ends up at first!
 
The Priesthood Session was fantastic. Yes, to the best of my knowledge Bishop Causse is French. He spoke at a fireside that was broadcast to the U of U Institute that I went to about a year ago I think. I did love his Les Miserables quote as well, and that must have at least been the 3rd or 4th time Les Mis has been quoted in conference I think. Does that make it part of the Standard Works now?
 
I hope Dad's vertigo goes away for a while now! I guess all you can do is just manage it as best as he can. I'm praying for all of you and your health!
 
Good luck to Skot and the Carlings as they make some changes in their lives (although I doubt the Carlings will have too many changes, just maybe a new ward or stake).
 
Have a great time in OKC for me! You'll be in the land of the Plains Indians. I doubt you'll see any Navajo stuff out there. Tell everyone hi for me! I didn't know that Natalie hadn't gotten her wisdom teeth out yet, she seems pretty late to the game to be getting them out considereing I got mine taken care of in 9th grade!
 
Keep up the less active work! It's the ward's responsibility to care for and nurture those within the area, especially the less active members as President Monson always talks about with rescuing.
 
Yes, I got the package and I believe all 5 postcards! The most recent one was the JFK Library postcard. I can't wait to make it there one of these days! Thank you for everything.
 
We had a great week, we found 10 new investigators and had a lesson with a family yesterday who is amazing. They are total golden investigators and I already love them so much. We asked them to be baptized in the first lesson and they totally accepted before we could even finish the question! We'll be meeting with them again next Sunday.
 
Love and Regards,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment