Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 2

Mom,

Good to hear the package got to you guys alright! I'm glad you were all able to look through some of the picture and videos, haha. The newer abandoned homes were being built by some company by contract and they ripped off the Navajo Housing Authority (or whoever else was building them, I'm not sure) and they have very poor foundations and things like that. They weren't in livable condition. I don't know a ton though. We were wresting the sheep!
1) Yes, I have already gotten all of the packages! We ended up going into Farmington on Wednesday to get something checked out on our truck, so I was able to pick up those packages. Thank you so much for sending all of those great gifts to me! I plan on opening them on Christmas Day and I'm sure I'll have opened them by the time I call/Skype you guys. Sounds good! I wouldn't be surprised if we tried Skyping from the Watts' place because they have internet at their trailer (not too many people have internet) and they said they wont be doing too much on Christmas. I wouldn't want to interrupt some other family's Christmas morning celebrations too much! I hope I'll be able to see/talk to Natalie and Jackie and their families too!...
3) Thanksgiving was great! We got to spend time with a lot of families... I love all of those families and they are all very hospitable to all of us missionaries! ...
Good to hear all went well for you guys with Thanksgiving! Ahh, Los Gatos Cafe is very good. That's probably the biggest activity/temporal thing I miss being on a mission is eating good food at good restaurants. I love you all!

With Love and Regards,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment