Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 25

Thanksgiving in Shiprock should be pretty good, and I'm excited to get whatever things are in store for me in the package. Thank you so much for taking such good care of me even while I'm on my mission! But, I guess I'm not as far away as most other missionaries are, haha, I'm just over the hill. The Watts are great people, I am very appreciative to have such a nice, caring, and supportive senior couple here in Shiprock. They feed us dinner every Sunday and it feels like family dinner back at Grandma's, which is really nice.

I am so thankful to have grown up in a family that encouraged righteous living and where I had the gospel and the priesthood available to me. Thank you, Mom and everyone else, for doing so much to encourage me to live a life in accordance to gospel standards and I hope to be able to do so even more after I get home. I hope Thanksgiving goes swell for all of you and that you have the opportunity to thank and glorify God for his marvelous works in our lives. I read Luke 17:12-19 which discusses the story of the 10 lepers that Jesus healed and the one who turned to give thanks. Jesus has healed every single one of us from the sickness of sin, and it is essential we all use this time to give thanks unto him.

I love you,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment