Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 4

These are the questions that Matt was answering for me:

1)  What is the weather doing where you are?

2)  How was your Halloween?
3)  If you have specific preferences for Christmas gifts we need that info now or asap because President Batt sent an e-mail requesting all Christmas packages arrive at the Mission Office by December 1.  We're making plans to send you some Christmas cheer!


4)  Are there any more missionaries in the Shiprock area than you, your companion (Elder Johnson), Elder Howe and Elder Thompson?

5)  Are you in your new trailer now?  Is it just you and Elder Johnson there?  Where do Elder Howe and Elder Thompson live?

6) Sadly, I'm just realizing that we never got the names of who you were living with in Kirtland.  How many other Elders were there?  I am sorry about that.  That wasn't very nice of me.  I sent Elders Johnson, Howe and Thompson Halloween candy, I should've known the others and sent them some also.

7)  How are things going with all of your investigators?  Did any come back to church again yesterday?  We are always praying for you and the people in Shiprock!

-------------------------------------------

Mom,
1) The weather is pretty good! Occasionally a little too cold, but I am enjoying it for now. How's it back in Utah?

2) My Halloween was fun. The night before my ward had the trunk or treat and Brother Yellowhair the second counselor dressed up as Duck Dynasty and his wife as the wife from the show, it was pretty funny! Other than that, we ate brownies and your cookies, which were awesome, and watched Hastening the Work videos.
3) I'll send you details by next week hopefully, I hope that isn't too late!
4) Nope, us four are the only Shiprock Elders. Our district covers Teec Nos Pos and Toadlena too, so we see those elders at least once a week.
5) We are moving to our trailer today! It's just me and Elder Johnson. Elder Howe and Thompson live in another trailer by City Market, but it's too small for four missionaries.
6) There were two elders, it was Elders Huff and Munns, now it's Elders Huff and Openshaw. Openshaw is going home in two weeks.
7) No investigators at church yesterday, but things were pretty good this week other than that! Thank you so much!

I am short on time today, so I'm sorry! Glad to hear things are going well! Don't worry about the Intro to Mormons videos. You guys probably just burned the video files to the disc rather than encoding it onto the disc as DVD, but I think I can do it myself down here. I bought some DVDs the other day and already have put some Bible Videos on them and other videos from Hastening the Work.
I love you too!!! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment