Monday, November 18, 2013

November 12

We have already received an invitation for Thanksgiving, thankfully. We are still technically supposed to do regular missionary work on that day, along with every other holiday, but I doubt we'll get much done. No one wants strangers to knock on their door when you have the whole family over on a holiday like that, haha. So we'll probably just go to members' or investigators' houses that invite us over and whatnot. California sounds like a lot of fun! I enjoyed that Thanksgiving I spent with Jackie and Trevor in Philly a few years ago, that was way awesome! I hope the Phillipps can make it out to Oklahoma too! ...

Yesterday for P-day one of the members here took me and the two Kirtland missionaries I was living with to look at some Anasazi ruins sites between here and Four Corners. It was tons of fun! There is some way cool stuff out there and supposedly there were once hundreds of thousands of people living here along the San Juan river between about Bloomfield, NM and Aneth, UT. The Anasazi and the Navajo aren't related, the Anasazi are the parents of the Hopi and Zuni natives around here. They are all pueblo peoples, so they live in little cities and towns, where Navajos and Apaches all live very spread out and remotely and speak different dialects. Hopefully I'll send you some cool pictures soon!

I love you!

Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment