Monday, October 20, 2014

October 6

My questions for Matt:

1) Where did you watch General Conference?
2) What were some of your favorite conference moments?
3) How was your big week with MLC and Zone Conference?
4) How are your contacts going?  Were you by chance able to check on the elderly Navajo lady you gave a blessing to yet?

-----------------------------------

Mom,
1) We watched General Conference at the church in Montezuma Creek, about 15 miles east of us and on the reservation. We spent the whole weekend working their area with the Elders over there. It was lots of fun!
2) Some of my favorite conference moments... It all happened so fast and so much awesome stuff that it's hard for me to think of things on top of my head because I don't have my notebook with me right now. I loved Elder Robbins talk and Elder Kacher's. I think our mission really lucked out that we got to hear both of them speak about a month ago because I think they gave two of the best talks by members of the seventy in conference! I loved how Elder Robbins discussed about how he represents the prophet to the people, not the people to the prophet along with the importance of always reflecting upon which way we are facing. Amazing talk, I can't wait to listen to it again. President Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood Session was awesome, it about the apostles asking, "Lord, is it I?" when he said there is a betrayer in their midst. It was awesome because it focused on the importance of not judging others and never being prideful in ourselves. Elder Christofferson's was fantastic, "We do not become immune to the law of gravity by resenting it. But rather, we find freedom as we apply eternal laws." Elder Callister gave an excellent talk on parenthood that will probably be more applicable to me in my life at some future time. Sister McConkie did a FANTASTIC job, I think! Elder Bednar was an awesome capstone to the conference. 
3) MLC and Zone Conference seem so long ago already since so much has happened this week. We go to see Meet the Mormons which was AMAZING!!! Everyone needs to go see it opening weekend! Such a beautiful and spiritual movie that would be interesting and enjoyable to anyone of any faith. MLC and Zone Conference focused on "You are the message." It really talked about how us as missionaries and really everyone as members of the church are the message. It's not so much about what we believe or what we do, but who we are that is the message we want to send to the world. We are a loving, family-oriented, Christ-centered people and that is exactly what Meet the Mormons demonstrates. Warning: You will cry. Everyone should take someone with them to go see it! It'll be amazing, that movie will change the world! 
4) This week was awesome as usual, but I don't really have much to share with you about what happened because we only spent Wednesday and Friday and Thursday evening in our area, the rest of the time was in Farmington, Cortez, or Montezuma Creek.
I love you all so much! Reflect closely upon the words of the prophets and apostles, for their words are the words of Eternal Life. This conference as I watched the Sunday Morning session I was able to receive a spiritual confirmation that President Thomas S Monson truly is a prophet of God and that this church is truly the restored church. As Elder Ballard said, "Stay in the boat." I love you all and pray often that your faith does not fail thee.
Love,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment