Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 15

Questions:
1)  I learned from Elder V's Mom that he's from Georgia, what town?
2)  Were you affected by the huge amount of rain earlier this week?
3)  Have you been able to visit with Annie and/or her husband?  Thanks for sharing the experience of teaching her to pray.  I take so much for granted, like knowing how to pray.
4)  Have you gone back to the man's home who tried to stump you?  I'm impressed with how well you and Elder V handled that situation with the Lord's guidance.  I bet it was amazing to personally witness the change in him from the beginning to the end of that encounter.
5)  I noticed that you and his Mom write Elder V.  I hope it's okay for me to use that "shorthand" also.  Thanks for the pronunciation help though.
6)  Do you know where you will watch General Conference this time?

--------------------

Mom,
1) Elder Vicznesky is from Ackworth,Georgia! 
2) Yes, we were. We got quite a bit of rain. We actually were tracting out in an area called 5 Points which is way on top of the mesa about 30 miles away from Bluff and it is very remote up there and we were trying to save miles on our truck so we parked it and started walking from house to house to knock on doors (each house is about a mile apart or so) and we got about two miles away from our truck and it started sprinkling and then we got to the door of a NAC (Native American Church) roadman (priest/medicine man type deal) who wasn't too happy to see us and so we were just as nice as we could be to him and then right when he shut the door on us the rain came REALLY REALLY HARD and we ran back the two miles to our car in complete mud and we were totally drenched hahahaha. 
3) Yes, we have. They are both doing great and her husband is paralyzed from a work accident a few years ago but we are helping him do physical therapy a few times a week by putting braces on his legs and having him walk back and forth (using his arm strength and relying on the braces to hold him up) and he has the goal to walk again. Hopefully he'll be able to make it! Miracles can happen by faith in Jesus Christ, and not many people have more faith than the Native Americans. 
4) Not yet, but we'll return next time we're in his area with a few extra minutes. We don't go out as far as he is too often, he lives pretty far off the beaten path.
5) Yeah, no problem for me.
6) We'll probably either watch it in Montezuma Creek or at one of the senior couple's homes here in Bluff, I'm not sure yet.
I'm short on time, which is not unusual I suppose but we wanted to tell a cool story of how we met a guy who spoke only Navajo and it was so cool, Elder V and I taught him by ourselves and testified of the Book of Mormon and listened to our Navajo Book of Mormon tapes with him! It was the first time I had taught someone completely in Navajo with out any help from a member who also spoke Navajo. It was a miracle and super awesome.
I love you all and I'll have more experiences to share next week! That's so heartwarming to hear that Rachel and Skot pray for me every night! That's super nice of them.
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment