Thursday, December 4, 2014

December 1

Mom,
1) Yes, Tiffany was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! It was an amazing service.
2) I am moving to Blanding! Bluff has been the zone leader area since the Utah Zone was formed in this mission, but now we are moving it to Blanding so we can coordinated with the stake presidents better. Elder Vicznesky is staying in Bluff and training a brand new missionary, and I'm whitewashing an area in Blanding with a new zone leader, Elder Salmon. He was my district leader down in Steamboat for two transfers. We'll be in 1st, 3rd, and 7th wards in Blanding and there have been sister missionaries there thus far but the two sister missionaries who were there both are finishing their missions this week so President Batt decided to put elders there instead. I'll miss Bluff a lot, but Blanding should be a good experience. It'll be my first non-reservation area so that will be interesting! My new address is 329 South 100 East Blanding, UT 84511.
3) It was great and the ribs at the Gruettes were awesome. I might have to adopt that Thanksgiving tradition and eat ribs instead of turkey. 
It was pretty amazing to be able to have a baptism this weekend. Elder Vicnesky baptized Tiffany and I was able to confirm her a member of the church on Saturday and also ordain her husband to the office of a priest in the Aaronic Priesthood after church yesterday! Right after her baptism Tiffany got up to bear her testimony at her service and she gave a beautiful testimony about how her goal is to go to the temple with Lyle and how much different her life is since she has started meeting with us and began living the gospel and how she feels like God is with her and how she has even been able to help family members return to the church who are not active and everything! She was talking about how as we were confirming her during sacrament meeting yesterday she felt like our hands were magnets and she could feel the power pulsing through our hands and that as we were ordaining Lyle she opened her eyes for a moment and saw a golden glow around our hands that were on his head. A truly wonderful experience, I cannot wait to be able to see them in the temple a year from now!
Nelia, the elderly Navajo lady who attends church that we gave a blessing to a few months ago whom I have mentioned, has a daughter that lives in Layton that I met yesterday. She came down to visit her mom because they were having a beauty way ceremony for her son down here so I talked to her for a while, she was very kind! It was just cool to meet someone from the reservation down here that lives in Layton!
I know that the gospel is true, and I am so grateful for the blessings that come from our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm not sure if you have watched the He Is the Gift video from the Church yet. If you haven't, watch it! It's amazing!christmas.mormon.org
The other picture is a picture of a hike me and Elder V took two weeks ago in our area (this is just a few miles away from Tiffany's house) that goes down to a TON of ruins called Poncho House. It has great beauty and majesty out there.

Love,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment