Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 16

Mom,
Yes, the home is great!
Elder Hozman. He is from Colombia, his parents currently live in Peru because his dad works for the Church and they move around occasionally. He lived in Utah for about a year or two before his mission and learned English then so his English is really good, he just has an accent. We are doing very well together! It's interesting to be with a more fresh missionary. It helps me realize how much I've learned and changed on my mission. He's a great guy, we get along well and are enjoying our missionary service!
Bridgette is in her 40s or 50s and her dad is sick and is likely going to pass away soon and he is in his 70s. So she doesn't need her dad's permission legally, she just wants to respect her father and whatnot. We met with Daniel again and his main hold up right now is that he doesn't really understand the priesthood and the apostasy so we'll have to go over that some more. It's kind of crazy to come to the city for the last little bit of my mission because I kind of feel like I'm starting all over again. Things are just so different from the rez as far as how to work with the ward (as in it's not a branch... hahaha) and just how to best teach investigators and stuff. Sometimes I feel just as lost as I did as a new missionary here, but it's good because it's keeping me on my toes and helping me grow! Albert is doing awesome, he made it to church yesterday! He's such a good guy and has a lot of gospel knowledge. He made some pretty awesome comments during gospel principles and listens to or reads general conference talks all the time at home. 
Awesome! I'm glad those boxes arrived safely. (Brother Collin Warner, who grew up in Layton and currently lives in Blanding, delivered a few boxes for Matt last Saturday.) His work took him and his family to Blanding because he works with the uranium mill there. They haven't been there too long, just like three years I think? They are a really cool family. Yeah, I'll be happy to go through all my junk in my bedroom and declutter it. I think I've gotten better at throwing away unnecessary stuff as a missionary, so hopefully that'll bless me when I get home. 
Geographically speaking in regards to the literal boundaries of the ward, this is probably the largest area I've been in. But we don't really leave Grants or Milan very often, so as far as mileage traveled daily this is definitely not the biggest. Bluff was probably the biggest in terms of daily miles, with Steamboat in second place. Population-wise, it is definitely the largest area I've served in. 
Yeah, the mail is sent to our house and it is checked daily. 
Yes, the members feed us plenty. 
Have an awesome time at conference! I AM SO EXCITED FOR CONFERENCE 
Love, 
Elder Schaelling 

No comments:

Post a Comment