Sunday, February 9, 2014

January 27

These are the questions Matt's answering:
1) What is the expiration of your epi pen, is it time for me to get you a new one?
2) That's cool that you and Elder V played a duet on the guitar for FHE a couple of weeks ago. Whose guitars did you use and how did it go?
3) You mentioned that you like the Toyota Tacoma a lot better than the Colorado truck, why is that?
4) A couple of weeks ago you said that Quentin, Molly and Zack had baptisms coming up. Have any been able to happen yet?
5) Is there a baptismal font in your church?
6) Is the Molly that spoke in such glowing terms about the Gospel helping her life at a funeral reception the same Molly that's scheduled to be baptized?
7) How are things going with the youth? That is great that you two are helping get the youth programs up and running there.
8) How long has Elder V been on his mission and in Steamboat?
9) How long have Elder & Sister Patterson been in Steamboat? How long is their mission? Will they serve the full length of their mission in Steamboat?

-------------------------------

Mom,

That's awesome that Lindsay got her mission call! Serving a mission is really such a great experience and has helped me understand the gospel on such a more deep and personal level. I know she'll have a great time and love serving the Lord! Tell her "God speed!" for me! Thank you so much for all the food, I got your last package today and the Campell's Soup Go pack things look SO AWESOME. Thank you so much!

1) I think it isn't until like April or May or June 2015, so I should be in pretty good shape. I'll double check later and  let you know if I need a new one anytime soon!
2) It was lots of fun! We used Peter Yazzie's guitars, he's the branch president and he is such a cool guy. I'll always remember him whenever I think of Steamboat I'll think of him and how committed he is to the church and testifying of the gospel in all things that he does!
3) The Tacoma drives a lot better than the Colorado, has a better turning radius, has a nicer interior, and has a touch screen for the entertainment and a USB slot for flashdrives so you can listen to music off of them.
4) Quentin will be baptized this Saturday, Zach is shooting for February 8th, and Molly isn't on date anymore. She's missed the past two weeks of church. She said she is sick, but I really hope we can get in this week and that she'll continue to progress within the gospel!
5) Yes, there is a small one in our church which is lucky for us.
6) Yes, it's the same Molly! I'll hopefully have more information on her progress in the gospel next week.
7) Things are going pretty well. There is a lot of work to be done but we think we have found a Scoutmaster! We found out that to be a Scoutmaster  for an LDS sponsored troop you don't have to be a member and we have an awesome investigator who has been coming to church for the past year or more but still  isn't baptized because of a marriage issue who we are hoping to get him to work with the scouts!
8) Elder V hits 11 months today and has been in Steamboat for 5 months so far. 
9) The Pattersons have been in Steamboat their entire mission, so for 4 months so far and their mission is only 6 months long. They will go home at the end of March. Senior couples don't usually get moved around, they serve in the same place for their entire missions in every case I've heard so far!

Oh my goodness! That's crazy that Jackie might be having her baby sometime this week! I can't wait to hear what's going on next  Monday! Tell her that I love her and  I sure hope all goes well and let me  know when they finally decide on a name!!!

I need to get going  but I love  you all and hope you have a great week!!! Thank  you all so  much for all you guys do for me, GOD SPEED!!!

With Love and Regards,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment