Monday, July 28, 2014

July 14

Here are the questions that I asked Matt:
1)  How is the weather there now that it's the middle of summer?
2)  Do you have any sort of air conditioning in your trailer?
3)  What did you do on Independence Day?
4)  Do you have much interaction with the Senior Missionary couple?
5)  What new responsibilities do you have now that you're District Leader?
6)  Did you get your "half-way" package?  (It was a package full of halves:  a box of 6 halves of his favorite chocolate Dunford Donuts, half a package of gum, half a candy bar, half a bag of his favorite spicy chips, half a box of cereal, half a sheet of stamps etc.  I'm glad he liked it!)


-------------------------

Mom,
Edna's baptism is still on schedule for this Friday, so everything should go well! Arlanya moved back! So we are probably going to put her on date for next month and then we also met a new family who just moved back here from Holbrook. He's originally from here and he moved back to take care of his grandma because there was no one else here to take care of her. He is less active, but his significant other is not a member and they have two kids. We also have another family that came to church yesterday. She is less active and her significant other had never been to a church before yesterday, but they both liked it! So there's always good things happening in Steamboat.
1) The weather has actually been pretty nice this week! It got a little hot over the past month or two, but nothing unbearable. Just up in the 90s, I think. I don't have an iPhone or anything that tells me the weather so I don't really know what the temperature has been. I doubt it is any hotter than it usually is in Utah. It doesn't seem as hot as it was in Shiprock last year either!
2) Luckily, we do. However, we are moving to Ganado tomorrow. President Batt told us that he is going to open up a new area in Monument Valley and so he took our camper to put it up there so we are living with the Ganado elders now! I'm sad to lose my camper, it's been a really fun experience to live in one. Maybe I'll just live in one during college up in the mountain and just make a zipline that goes down to campus. Anyways, we are going to have a 20 mile drive to and from Steamboat everyday kind of like I did when I lived in Kirtland in Shiprock.
3) Not too much, just ate a jalapeno hot dog and we did regular proselyting work! It rained from about 5 o'clock for the rest of the evening so the Ganado Fire Department delayed their usual fireworks show until the 5th. 
4) Yeah, we see them quite a bit. We don't work as closely with them as I did with the Pattersons, because they stay pretty busy with their own agenda here. They're really nice people though.
5) I am responsible for district meeting every Thursday, for reporting our weekly numbers to the zone leaders for my district, and to conduct companionship exchanges with every elder in my district every transfer. Nothing too big! This past week I went to Fort Defiance with Elder Larsen and I actually saved a dog's life! One dog had another smaller dog's neck wrapped up in his chain and then the bigger was chasing after cars and the little dog was turning blue so I jumped out of the car and just like a real rez hero jumped out of the car and saved that dog's life! Haha.
6) I sure did! Haha, I didn't read the note until the day after I opened it up and I was really confused because I was wondering if you just grabbed random stuff out of the pantry and threw it in a box and sent it to me. Then I read the note and I thought it was really funny and clever!
I'm so glad that Jackie and Trevor and the two little ones got to come out to Utah and visit with you guys! I hope they have safe travels back home as well. I never tried out the North Temple Frontrunner/TRAX stop, but it seemed like it would be pretty nice! I never got to ride the TRAX out west toward the airport, either. And no, I never did try Subzero. Where in Layton is it located?
I love you all and pray for you often! Thank you so much for keeping me, Steamboat, and the many wonderful people that are here in your thoughts and prayers. 

With Love and Regards,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment