Monday, July 28, 2014

July 21

Important questions for Matt:

1)  Did Edna get baptized and confirmed?  How did it go?  We have been praying everyday for her.
2)  Were any of her children able to be baptized on the same day?
3)  How is Arlanya doing?  That is very exciting that she moved back to Steamboat, but I hope her employment situation is okay.
4)  How are the two new families you mentioned in last week's e-mail doing?
5)  How did your move to Ganado go? 
6)  What do you live in in Ganado, a bigger trailer? 

---------------------

Mom,
I've got answers for you!
1) Edna sure did get baptized and confirmed this week! It was awesome! Also, we had the baptism of a girl named Alana who is Sister Joseph's granddaughter and she asked me to baptize her, so I got in the water Friday night and Saturday night! 
2) Yes, her son Romondo and daughter Raven were both baptized with her. I forgot to bring my camera and we're emailing in Gallup today because we came in for some truck stuff so I'll try to remember to email those to you next week!
3) Arlanya is doing great. She is reading the Book of Mormon a lot (which is a pretty big deal, it can be pretty hard to get people to read) and coming to church and everything! Her date is scheduled for August 23rd
4) We haven't been able to meet with the first new family yet, but the second new family still might have some potential! Edna is good friends with them so hopefully she'll be able to be a good influence on them and encourage them to live the faith. 
5) The move went fine, but it took up a good amount of time last week. It took up our entire p-day and we've been continually rearranging this whole week because the Ganado trailer wasn't really equipped for us to come over quite yet. I'm just about all settled in now, so I guess we'll see if I'll be packing up this weekend to go to a new area!
6) Yes, we live in a very nice church-owned trailer in Ganado. It's quite a change. The shower is HUGE but I do miss the camper. 
What's in Branson? I've never even heard of that place. You'll have to let me know how it all goes! Tell the Phillipps "hi" for me.
That's awesome that you got to hear from Tanner yesterday! I had that letter written for him for like a month or two I just didn't know how much international postage was and kept forgetting to check when I would go to the post office once a week. That's cool that you were able to see Bryan. I don't believe he left on a mission at all. Yeah, Brian Allen is serving in Montana right now! I think his mission is kind of like mine, there are some reservations in it and stuff. I think the New Mexico Farmington has the most reservation, and then the South Dakota Rapid City mission has a lot of reservation too and then Montana Billings. A lot of people from the reservation get their mission calls to those missions so they can serve among other Native Americans.
He did get a lot of changes! I've heard of that rule against knocking doors in other missions but we still do it here. That's how we find a lot of our investigators in Steamboat.

Wow! Gentry, engaged? At least he's been home for over a year. I think it's pretty cool how we have neighboring missions. Tell him congrats for me!
I love you all back at home, I hope everything goes well for you guys! Thanks for all the support that you continually give me.

Love,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment