Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 20

My questions for Matt:
1) How are you and Elder Van Meter doing?
2) How is Jacinta doing?  That's amazing how The Lord truly guided you to her!
3) How are your other investigators doing?

--------------------

1) We are doing great! Our personalities mesh well and we both have the goal to be exactly obedient and work very hard while also having tons of fun. It's nice to be with someone who understands how to keep that balance well. 
2) Jacinta is doing great, she came to church yesterday with her two daughters and it seems like they really enjoyed it! We'll be teaching her tomorrow night again so we'll get more feedback from her then. She's such an awesome person and I think it makes all the difference in the world the fact that she is being taught in a members home and was introduced to the gospel by Brother Emery and Sister Cash. I think her seeing their excitement for the gospel is really helping her have a stronger desire to live these things herself, as it would any investigator/less active. Obviously us missionaries are very excited about the gospel but you would expect someone to be that way who has devoted two years of their life to doing nothing but preaching the gospel, but I think when someone sees a person who is just like them so excited and have such a strong testimony it just brings it to life! 
3) Our other investigators are doing pretty well! Jeremy Sears will be baptized May 9th and so we're really excited about that! He was already being taught when I got here but it's finally really going to happen! Unfortunately, Jeremy and Jacinta were the only ones who made it to church this Sunday. We have a lot of other awesome investigators but we are just hoping to see them keep the commitment to come to church. Member involvement is really increasing and I think that's going to make a huge difference in investigator's progress. 
 
That's crazy that everyone is coming home! I guess I'm the tail end of the group of homecomings the next few months then, am I? Or are there others who will be coming home after me? 
I'm so jealous of Jackie and Trevor and them living in SLC. SLC is such an awesome place! We had dinner with a member family last week who used to live in SLC because the husband was going to the U and we were just talking about how awesome of a city it is. 
Hopefully everything goes well with Natalie and Nate and their family finding a place to settle down! 
Good luck to Quin with his mission, 5 missionaries is a lot and a big legacy to live up to I guess! Haha, he'll do a great job though. 
Good luck to Aimee with her elections also! 
I LOVE THE LOWER LIGHTS! That's one thing I definitely want to do when I get home, is find one of their concerts so I can go see them live. The music is amazing and so spiritual. I know that Ryan Shupe is part of the group too! Maybe if I brush up on one of my instruments I can play with them on the side... Haha, just kidding. 
I love the gospel and I love the mission. Right now in the Mt. Taylor ward member involvement is really picking up and things are so awesome. Members make ALL the difference in the world when it comes to the work of salvation! We made a family home evening outline for members to use and we are going to have a Meet the Mormons ward social on May 15th where we are going to invite non members to the church to watch the movie and then at the end we are going to have them Meet the Mormons in Mt. Taylor ward and probably have a person or a couple share their conversion story and then hand out Book of Mormons with testimonies of members of the ward to people who want them! It should be really awesome, we brought it up in ward council yesterday and everyone jumped on it so I'm excited! 

Here's the general outline for the FHE
-------------------------------------------------------
Discuss and make plans as a family how you can participate in the work of salvation! (Preach My Gospel pgs. 160-162)
·         Pray and follow the spirit – Alma 6:6
·         Give service – Mosiah 2:17-19
·         Develop friendships – Helaman 6:3
·         Open your mouth to share the restored gospel – D&C 100:5-8
·         Invite others to do things to increase their faith in Christ – Moroni 7:13
Go to hasteningthework.lds.org and watch a video on families participating in the work of salvation
 
Love, 
Elder Schaelling 

No comments:

Post a Comment