Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 1

Mom,
Yes, I did hear on Saturday that Elder Perry passed away. Like you said, I was pretty surprised to hear that! He seemed very lively at conference. I wonder how long it will take to announce a new apostle. I'm not to familiar with this process too much, because the only one I remember very well is Elder Andersen and I still didn't pay extremely close attention to the whole proceedings. He was an amazing man! Good talk this past conference on the family.
Unfortunately, Jacinta didn't make it to church yesterday and we're not sure why. We'll be seeing her tonight and we're going to have to move her baptism from this weekend, but we are still confident that she'll make it to baptism. She's a pretty amazing person. Austin didn't make it either. Hopefully we'll be able to get them all back on track! We did have a pretty cool experience though, on Saturday night. We went out to a less active couple's home and they have a lady temporarily living with them who just moved to Grants from Arkansas but the place she is going to rent isn't ready yet so she is living with them. We went to their house and just about a minute or two after we get there and talk to them all, Janet, the non-member, asks, "Could you tell me about the Mormon Church?" And we sure did! She had a bunch of questions for us and it was a lot of fun haha. She's a really nice lady. Has a good southern accent. And she said she would come to the Meet the Mormons activity!
Good to hear that Jonathan is doing pretty well. I'll be excited to see him again when I get back home! Do you have bishop's email? I'd like to shoot him an email to ask him if there's any specific topic he'd like me to speak on.
Yes, the dictaphone is a great gift that will help me over the next month and I've already put it to use! That's cool that Steve and Joan are speaking with me, haha. Thanks for checking with Kristi. 

I love you all!
Elder Schaelling 

No comments:

Post a Comment