Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 15

Mom,
I am doing great! Things are going very well for me here in Grants. This past week was a really good week with great missionary work that was accomplished as always. Lunch after the block sounds great. Bombay House sounds good to me. 
Church was really great yesterday! Jacinta made it to church and she is going to be baptized this Saturday, so we are very excited. Austin doesn't have a new date yet, but we will be setting one this week. He is currently living with his girlfriend and they are going to get married on the 27th so that'll be pretty awesome too! Depending on when his baptism is in July or August I might try to drive down here and see it if it works with my summer schedule and work and whatever else is going on. 
Unfortunately, Miranda and Gary didn't make it to church yesterday. They are really funny kids and we'll be seeing them again tomorrow so that should go well. 
Thanks for letting me know about Susanna Stone Lloyd! I can't wait to learn more about my family history and figure out what's all back there and who I'm related to and learn of their stories. I'm glad Stake Conference went well, I love being able to listen to good speakers.
This past week we were able to meet with Jacinta and her two daughters came with her and her younger son who is 15-years-old joined us for a lesson for the first time! It was a great lesson and we were able to talk about the importance of unity and about how sometimes in the trials of life we try to go through them on our own and we don't make it through so well, but as we rely on our family, the church, and especially the Lord, we have the strength to make it through all things! Just as it says in D&C 38:27 - " I say unto you, beone ; and if ye are not one ye are not mine." I feel like that is one of the big lessons I have learned on my mission, the importance of unity. I have seen the power that comes from unity in a companionship, in a district or zone, and especially from unity with our Father in Heaven. In my mission, when I have been united with my companion and with the Lord miracles truly happen and things run so much more smoothly and I have never felt the Spirit stronger. I will hopefully be able to take this into my life and apply it within my marriage and family, any church callings I have, and everywhere else I can find it applies!
I love you all!

Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment