Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 8

1) How has your day been?
2) Did you get a dinner invite today? 
3) Did you tell people that it's your birthday today? 
4) Did your Dunford Donuts arrive?
5) Were they in good condition?
6) Who came to church today?  So sorry that Jacinta and Austin didn't make it last week causing their baptism dates to be postponed.  I pray they're still on track. 
7) Have you been able to meet with Jacinta's friend or the Tongan lady you mentioned  last week?
8) How was Meet the Mormons Night?
9) Did Janet from Arkansas come to Meet the Mormons Night?


--------------------

Mom,
1) My day was pretty good! There were a lot of investigators and less active members we have been teaching who showed up, 6 investigators and 13 less active members! I got to bare my testimony in sacrament meeting for the last time as a missionary and it felt great. I bore my testimony on the power of selflessness. I mentioned a relief society president in Blanding who said "Whenever life seems unfulfilled or discouraging, find someone around you who needs a hand and help them out." I know that as I have felt that way, whenever I have looked around me and tried to touch someone's life that day it has made it better and helped me see the hand of the Lord in my life. Whether it's been my companion, an investigator, an active or less active member, or someone I don't even know, I have always found joy as I've focused on the opportunities the Lord has given me to help his children. 
2) I got to eat dinner at the Merayo's home (the Bishop's) and Sister Merayo is a great cook! We had a roast and she makes really good rolls and some pasta salad with a peach drink. 
3) Not really. 
4) Yes, they did. 
5) They still look good, I didn't get them until today because when they came Friday we weren't at home to sign for the package and when we went to the post office on Saturday we got there at 12:15 and the desk was already closed. It was a perfect birthday package! Thank you so much, I can't think of anything else I could have wanted other than organic cereal, healthy snack bars that I'm not allergic to, blue corn chips, and Dunford Donuts. I think I have developed an allergy to soy also, because whenever I eat anything that has soy as a primary ingredient (like protein bars, etc) I have an allergic reaction. But if soy is a smaller ingredient then I'm fine. I'm planning on doing more research on what the deal with allergies is when I get home. 
6) Jacinta and Austin both made it, along with Thomas and two new investigators, Miranda and Gary! They are just young kids being raised by their grandparents who were very active for a long time down in their branch on the Zuni reservation and then out in Albuquerque but they just haven't come much since they've been here in Grants but they found us and said they want to come back to church and have their grandkids baptized. 
7) We met with Jacinta's friend, Velvet, last Monday and she said she still wants to learn more and get into the church and whatnot but right now she's dealing with a divorce so she is pretty busy and out of town often dealing with that. But her sister works with a lady who's son is a on a mission and we're going to start teaching Velvet at their house once Velvets life settles down a little bit. 
8) It was a lot of fun! There was probably about 90 people there and around 10 non-members and Kendal Cash who owns a barbecue restaurant here and is the Elders Quorum President brought nachos and popcorn and candy and it was pretty fun. 
9) Unfortunately, no. 
Our ward is going on the trek this week and it's a pretty big trek with 5 stakes from the area going up to southwest Colorado and it sounds like a lot of fun. When I was talking about it with Sister Merayo she mentioned how she loves learning about the pioneers and I mentioned that we have some pioneer ancestry. Who are the people that we are related to? I had a feeling like I had heard you or Grandma mention we are related to Suzanna Stone. Are we? Anyone else from the handcart companies? Also, when is our stake doing its next trek? If they are doing one this summer after I get home and it works out with whatever my schedule is and they could use some volunteers to just help out with running things, I would love to go. I don't think I thought about the pioneers and revered them as much as I should have when I went as a 14-year-old, haha.
Glad to hear that Nate and Natalie are pretty close to actually sealing the deal! Sounds like a great birthday celebration. What is the iPad Air? I haven't heard of it. I think my mind might be blown with some of the new technology that has come out. I just saw someone with one of those watches that is connected to their smart phone.
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and where is that World's Best Corndog place? I might have to try that out when I get home!
I love you all! 
Elder Schaelling 

No comments:

Post a Comment