Saturday, February 7, 2015

December 29

Mom,

Thank you so much for Skyping with me also! I would say that has been my favorite one yet. It was so great to be able to see you and Dad and Aimee and Natalie and Nate and Madelyn and Luke and Grandma!
Not only was that the best Skype session so far, but also the best Christmas of my mission. We got to serve free meals on Christmas day at a gas station on the south side of town and it was so cool to be able to be there serving others. Elder Salmon made some fudge also and we took that to a veteran and some other people who were spending Christmas alone. It was just so great to be serving others and that Heavenly Father provided good people for us to see on Christmas day.
I'm not sure what I'm doing New Years Eve. I'm saving one of those bottles you sent me to pop with the other Elders in my house haha. We drank the pear one already so we'll have to choose between the other two. New Years Day we are having a zone training. Today we are going to Farmington for MLC tomorrow.
Nope, we don't get to relax much but we were able to teach Albert again, the guy we met on Christmas Eve, and he is now on baptismal date for February 7th! Usually the wards would change times, but because the schedule is already so confusing with the South Chapel being closed for renovations they are just going to keep the same schedule until it opens up in March/April/May time frame.
That's so awesome that Aimee gave the talk! I'm glad she did a great job. I probably wont get the opportunity to speak in church very often anymore now that I'm in three full sized wards.
Unfortunately we haven't been able to catch Ferris and his wife yet, hopefully it works out soon!
It definitely has been a great year, it's crazy to think that it's almost over. In just a few days my mission blackout year will be over (that's what they call the year that you are a missionary for the whole year). It's been such a blessing to be able to serve in Steamboat and Bluff and now in Blanding, although I do miss the reservation at times. There is no greater privilege than to serve the Lord and I look forward to a lifetime of dedicated service to Him and His children, wherever that takes me. I hope that as this New Year comes around that each of you will find those in your life that you must minister to and the things you can do to build their faith in Jesus Christ. I recently read a talk by Elder Bednar from the April 2010 conference that was great about parenting, I recommend you all to read it. The same principles are true everywhere, as found in D&C 108:7. "Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings." As you meet others seek to bear your testimony and share genuine personal experiences of how your testimony of prayer, the Holy Ghost, the Atonement, the Prophet, or anything else has been strengthened and ask others to share their experiences with similar things, member or non member, active or inactive. I promise that as you do so you will see "the tender mercies of the Lord" that "are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith" (1 Nephi 1:20) and it will amaze you as you learn of the Spiritual experiences in the lives of those you are close with and those you are just getting to know.

I love you all! Happy New Year!
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment