Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 23

Matt is getting transferred.

His new address is:

Elder Matthew Schaelling
226 Monroe
Grants, NM  87020

-----------------

Mom,
I am doing pretty well. Somewhat surprising news: I am getting transferred to Grants, New Mexico! It's about halfway between Gallup and Farmington. I'm sure in all reality it's a pretty small town, but I feel like it is going to seem huge to me because it is three times the size of Blanding I hear and it is on the INTERSTATE. I haven't driven on one of those for nearly 20 months... Hahaha. We cover a whole bunch of small towns around each other, Grants, Milan, Bluewater, San Mateo, San Rafael. So it is going to be huge compared to all my other areas. It is a border town like Blanding but I hear there are a lot of Acoma natives down there too. I was released as a zone leader, so my time there is finished. My new address is 226 Monroe Grants, NM 87020. My companion's name is Elder Hozman (spelling might be wrong) and he is from Peru I think. He might be learning English in the mission field and he's only been about three or four months I think. I'll know more next week.
Yeah, it's pretty sad that Chuck passed away. The service will be a week from this Saturday, so I'll miss it. His wife is handling it surprisingly well and she seems to be strengthening in her faith from it. She feels like Chuck is probably happier now not being faced with the challenges he was dealing with in mortality. 

I'm glad that things are going well with all the family back home! I'll be excited to actually see with my own eyes all the changes that have been going on when I get home!
I still haven't been able to do initiatory since my first time. I can't wait to go to the temple all the time when I get home.
My guess for Quin is either Texas or Arizona, his mission has to touch either my mission, Gentry's, or Preston's since our missions are all right in a row. I guess he could do Colorado or Oklahoma too.
I love you all! I'll hopefully have more time next week.
Love, 
Elder Schaelling 

No comments:

Post a Comment