Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 16

Mom,
Thanks so much for all the help with the apartment! It looks pretty nice, I just looked it up on LDS maps and so it should be a good place! If I remember correctly, it shouldn't be too far away from J Dawgs... Haha. Next letter or package you send me you can send me a copy of the contract so I can browse over it in my free time on another day but no rush or anything. Parking shouldn't be too big of a deal, I'm sure it'll all work out. I'll shoot Elder Kennedy an email and let him know that we have an extra spot if he is looking for a place but I think he might have some other guys he is planning on rooming with.
That's so awesome that you got to go to Dallin's homecoming! I'm glad he enjoyed his mission. It's so crazy to think that everyone is home now.
That's a pretty interesting quote from Bishop, I'm not really sure if I understand it.
We have some sad news from this week. One of our investigators, Chuck Armstrong who was on date from January 31st but didn't make it, passed away. His wife just came home from work and found him cold. A graveside service will be held sometime in March. We were pretty shocked and surprised because we had just seen him a few days earlier. But here is one of my favorite Book of Mormon scriptures on death and the resurrection: 

 7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and thatdeath should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
 8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
 9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which isendless, that there can be no more death.
-Mosiah 16:7-9-

Sorry it's a short one, I am running out of time but I am so appreciative of your help. I love you all! 
Love,
Elder Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment